5 Minute Microwave Cake
I love this cake because it's so simple to make and it's ready in a jiffy! It's also a nice one-portion dessert if you're trying to cut down. You can make this in a regular mug or if you want to get fancy with plating, you can use a paper cup and demould the cake when it cools down, like how I have done below.
Everyone's microwave settings differ so keep checking on your cake to make sure it's done. Insert a knife into the cake and if it comes out clean (with no sticky crumbs) then it's ready!
Try serving your cake with one of these scrumptious sauces:
What you need:
4 tbsp whole wheat flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp oil
4 tbsp milk
1 tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
Putting it all together:
1. Mix the dry ingredients together in a mug or bowl.
2. Add the wet ingredients and mix till the batter is smooth. Mix in the chocolate chips (if using).
3. Pour the batter into a paper cup (if using) or bake it straight in the mug.
4. Cook it in the microwave for 1 min 30 secs. You could put it for 1 minute and then keep checking at 10 sec intervals. The cake is done when a knife inserted in it comes out clean.
5. Let it cool down and dig in!
6. If you're using a paper cup, let it cool completely (around 5-7 minutes) and then with a pair of scissors, cut a slit down the side of the cup. Carefully peel the sides of the cup away and place the cake on a plate. Now you can add whatever elements you like. I used fresh mango and banana!