Paprika Roasted Cauliflower
Serve this with my Lemon Tahini Sauce. This sauce is a great one to have in your recipe stash. Really quick if you have a jar of store bought tahini in the fridge or simply grind white sesame seeds with a bit of water and olive oil to make fresh tahini paste. I use this sauce as a dressing, sandwich spread, an accompaniment for any hot appetizer or drizzled over roasted brussel sprouts, potatoes and other veggies. It also goes very well with grilled chicken and lamb.
I love roasting my veggies. It's easy and hassle-free. Check out these other appetizers that can be roasted:
What you need:
1 cauliflower, cut into florets
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
The Tahini Sauce:
1 cup sesame tahini
¼ cup fresh lemon juice, adjust to taste
½ cup finely chopped parsley
2 garlic cloves, minced
Putting it all together:
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C. In a roasting pan, toss the cauliflower florets with olive oil, paprika and season generously.
2. Roast in the oven for 30 mins, stirring every now and then, till the florets are brown, slightly crispy outside and tender inside.
3. For the sauce, whisk the tahini with the minced garlic and a half the lemon juice. The mixture will stiffen. Gradually whisk in up to ½ cup water until the mixture has the consistency of thick cream. Add salt to taste. Stir in the parsley. Taste and add more lemon juice if you like.
4. If you are not a fan of strong sesame flavours, add a small dollop of thick yogurt. This is optional and a matter of individual taste.
5. Serve the warm cauliflower with the sauce on the side or drizzle over. You can store the sauce for a few days.