This is a quick one bite recipe and pairs well with a glass of red wine. A lovely blend of sweet, salt and earthy flavours- each bite is a party in your mouth! Figs and feta are typical ingredients from the Greek kitchen and often found on the menu together in various forms. Feel free to replace hazelnuts with any nut of your choice- pine nuts, almonds or walnuts.
Thick balsamic vinegar to drizzle on top (optional)
Putting it all together:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C
2. Cut off the top ends of the figs and make a slit ¾ of the way down the center. Do the same in the other direction so you get a ‘X’. Gently open the fig out slightly to make place in the center, careful not to break it.
3. Place the figs on a baking dish or tray and drizzle with honey.
4. Fill each one with a teaspoon of feta, allowing some to remain on top so you can see the white colour.
5. Sprinkle chopped hazelnuts on top.
6. Bake for about 12-15 mins
7. Drizzle with some thick balsamic vinegar (optional) and serve warm.