Caramelized Sesame Carrots
If your bored of carrots but still want to get your dose of vitamins, this is a great side dish inspired by the Mediterranean region. The caramelized date syrup is delicious with the crunch of the carrots and sesame. You can also sprinkle some Dukkah over for another flavour dimension. I like to serve this with my Lemon Tahini Sauce or Orange Tahini Yogurt- a match made in heaven! Instead of carrots, you could make sweet potato chips or pumpkin wedges or even a mixed caramelized veg platter!
Some more easy veggie appetizers:
What you need-
4 – 5 carrots, peeled and cut length wise
2 tbsp date syrup or honey
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp sesame seeds
Some fresh thyme leaves
Putting it together-
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C.
2. Place carrots in a baking dish or tray and drizzle with olive oil, date syrup, coriander salt & pepper.
3. Roast for 10 mins then toss and put back till done. The edges should be caramelized and tender inside after another 20-30 mins.
4. Sprinkle sesame seeds and thyme over. Adjust seasoning.
5. You can also drizzle my orange tahini yogurt over.