Quick Chocolate Cake
This is a super easy yet really delicious and moist chocolate cake. If you bake regularly, you would usually have these ingredients in your pantry so it is also a great impulse baking recipe. Take this cake to another level by sandwiching it with your choice of frosting , ganache, fruit coulis or just some sliced seasonal fruits and whipped cream. Alternatively, heat it up to get a gooey mud cake and serve with some ice cream and toasted nuts.
What you need:
175g caster sugar
40g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
60ml vegetable oil
1tsp vanilla extract
125ml boiling water
Putting it all together:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease and line your cake tin with butter paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, place all the ingredients except the hot water. Beat the mixture with an electric beater till smooth and well combined.
3. Add the boiling water bit by bit. (Don’t worry the mixture will be very liquid now)
Pour the cake batter into the prepared tin and bake for 40-45 mins or until the top of the cake is firm and a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
4. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool.
5. Finish with your choice of frosting or décor. You can just dust some icing sugar for a simple yet elegant look.