Lemongrass Coconut Tofu
This recipe was originally a fish dish. However, it works really well with tofu. The lemongrass, zest, coriander and coconut add loads of flavour while the turmeric gives it a gorgeous yellow hue.
Just follow the same steps if using fish and it will turn out great. This dish goes well with the Zesty Lime Fried Rice. You can also serve it as an appetizer. Bake in the oven or cook in a pan.
What you need:
6 tofu pieces
1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
2 spring onions
1 lemongrass stalk
3 tbsp chopped coriander
2 cloves garlic, grated
½ tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
Juice of 1 lime
½ cup coconut milk
Salt and cracked black pepper
Putting it together:
1. Finely chop the chillies, lemongrass, coriander and spring onions in a bowl.
2. Add the garlic, turmeric, sweet chilli sauce, lime juice and coconut milk. Salt and pepper.
3. Place tofu in a baking dish and pour sauce over. Cover with foil and marinate for 1/2 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C.
5. Bake the tofu for 10-15 mins.
6. You can do the same in a pan.
7. Serve with rice and steamed veggies.