Banana Chocolate Marble Cake
Yes here is another banana cake recipe but this one combined with the chocolate tastes amazing. If you like bananas, you will love this one as the bananas do not overcook and you can still taste the fresh moist fruit in the cake. I have used a Bundt style cake tin (ring shape) and it turned out beautiful. You could really use any shape you like.
Go ahead and top it with some ganache or SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE. I enjoyed it straight and simple with a dusting of icing sugar
What you need:
1 and 3/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (2-3 bananas)
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup chocolate, chopped
2 tsp cocoa powder
Putting it all together:
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a Bundt cake tin or loaf tin with some butter.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until just combined.
6. Add the mashed bananas, yogurt and vanilla extract and beat until just combined.
7. Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Cook at 20 second intervals, stopping to stir in between, until about 80% melted. Remove and stir till smooth.
8. Add the cocoa powder and stir until dissolved. Add one cup of the banana bread batter to the melted chocolate and stir until well combined.
9. Spoon the plain batter and chocolate batter alternately into the prepared loaf or Bundt pan. Swirl the batters together with a knife .
10. Bake for about 40-50 mins or until a knife comes out clean. Baking time will vary based on your cake tin and oven. If the cake is not done in the center, bake for another 10 mins. The crust will be hard and the inside soft.
11. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 10 minutes, then remove the cake from the pan and set on the wire rack to cool completely.