This is a great recipe if you are looking for a healthy snacking option. They taste delicious yet are low on sugar and made with whole wheat and oats. If you feel you want the muffins sweeter, just add another tbsp of brown sugar. The bananas are essential but you can avoid the berries if you like.
My family devoured the whole lot in a day.
What you need:
¾th cup whole wheat flour
¾th cup oats flour(pulse oats in a blender and sieve it)
¾th cup milk
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp baking soda
1½ tsp baking powder
4 tbsp Brown Sugar
¼th cup Butter
½ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
Almonds, finely chopped
Putting it all together:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
2. In a bowl sieve together oats flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Add in the mashed banana and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Add in the dry ingredients, alternating it with some milk. Do not over mix the batter. Just fold it all in.
5. Add blueberries or almonds if using. Save some to top the muffins
6. Grease your muffin tins with some butter or insert liners. Fill with the batter 3/4th of the way. Decorate with some blueberries or almonds on top.
7. Bake them in a pre-heated oven for about 20 mins at 180 degrees.