Seafood Spaghetti, White Wine
This is a very light pasta dish, bursting with fresh flavours. It has a nice garlic flavour to it as well. If you are not a fan of garlic, just add less or use whole cloves to infuse flavour and remove towards the end. You can add calamari, mussels and chunks of white fish to make it a complete “frutti di mare” dish.
What you need:
500 gms prawns, de-shelled
2 cups white wine
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
Few whole sprigs of parsley to garnish
500 gms spaghetti or any other pasta you like
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Juice of 1 lime
Putting it all together:
1. Heat some extra virgin olive oil in a pan. Add the garlic and allow the flavours to infuse into the oil being careful not to burn them. Add some chili flakes.
2. Add the chopped tomatoes, lower flame and toss around briefly.
3. Add half of the white wine, sea salt and freshly ground pepper and half of the parsley leaves.
4. Cover and simmer for a while, tossing every now and then.
5. Add the prawns, the remaining wine and some seasoning. If you are using squid, add that as well now. Cook on medium heat till the prawns are pink on both sides. Add a splash of water to loosen the sauce.
6. Squeeze some fresh lemon. Taste for seasoning. Cover to keep warm.
7. While the sauce is cooking, boil some water in a large saucepan. Add sea salt when the water comes to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook till al dente.
8. Drain and add the hot pasta to the seafood and white wine sauce.
9. Toss together, add the remaining parsley, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, some crushed pepper on top, chili flakes and serve
More great seafood recipes: